I finally found a Jazz Bass that actually feels nice!

Your weapon of choice
irvinz
Gold Member

Re: I finally found a Jazz Bass that actually feels nice!

Post by irvinz » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:45 am

timi wrote:
irvinz wrote:do the bridge change and make it strung through. its worth it! the best upgrade other than pickups that you can do. glad you found one!
Been doing some more research on this and it seems that you can't really tell any difference, plus the extra string length required can limit string options, so I think I won't bother. Pickups maybe later down the track, perhaps the high end 60s ones that Fender do....

never had problems with any set of strings not long enough. plus the difference? worlds mate. especially on the E and A.

got your nordstrands in this yet? i won't bother with the CS60s at all :)
ex- Music Planet Queen Street Resident Bass expert wannabe

now residing at vinzmusic.com

timi
Gold Member

Post by timi » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:48 pm

Just got the Nordstrands today, hopefully have some time to install them over the next few days and hopefully do some sound clips too.

After reading about the new Fender 60's pickups I was put off, seems Nordstrand make a better version.

john
Gold Member

Post by john » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:18 pm

I would love to hear a comparison sound clip

Tim1
Gold Member

Post by Tim1 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:00 am

Just thought I'd add to this that Scott at Auckland Rock Shop is one of the better bass salesmen I have ocme across. Knows his stuff and not too pushy. Plus I taught him years ago so know that he genuinely is honest. I bought a pair of custom shop basses ( a matching P and J) through Rockshop a couple of years ago and the service was excellent - they sent them down to my local Rockshop to try, gave me plenty of time and a very good deal. Incidentally, the Closet Classis 64 Jazz just blew away my 69 in a side by side comparison.

irvinz
Gold Member

Post by irvinz » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:15 am

Tim1 wrote:Just thought I'd add to this that Scott at Auckland Rock Shop is one of the better bass salesmen I have ocme across. Knows his stuff and not too pushy. Plus I taught him years ago so know that he genuinely is honest. I bought a pair of custom shop basses ( a matching P and J) through Rockshop a couple of years ago and the service was excellent - they sent them down to my local Rockshop to try, gave me plenty of time and a very good deal. Incidentally, the Closet Classis 64 Jazz just blew away my 69 in a side by side comparison.

SCOTT = GOOD
ex- Music Planet Queen Street Resident Bass expert wannabe

now residing at vinzmusic.com

zero
Silver Member

Post by zero » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:04 pm

Scott is a good buddy and an even better salesman. Just a genuinely nice guy who wants the best for everyone.