68 Jazz on its way

Your weapon of choice
Tim1
Gold Member

68 Jazz on its way

Post by Tim1 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:31 pm

Just pushed the button on a 68 Fender Jazz from Elderly Instruments in the USA. The exchange rate is so good and the market so slow that the price made it just too good to refuse. I wouldn't normally buy a vintage instrument without playing it but Elderly are highly reputable and a joy to deal with. Within three hours I was sent the shipping and tracking details. Should be in the country in a couple of days, then clear customs etc. - I hope to have it in my hands by Wednesday/Thursday.
I have a lovely Fender Custom Shop 64 Jazz closet classic which I will probably have to move to cover it, I hope the vintage one sounds at least as fine. At least it will match my seldom played (these days) 68 Telecaster bass.
Point of this post is (other than brag factor I suppose :oops: :roll: ) just to heads up people that now is a good time to get into something vintage if you can manage it. And to say again that Elderly is a safe and reputable dealer for those of us who are wary of evilbay.

martyforrer
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Borderline.... country rock
Blues Deluxe... jazz/blues/jump
Cabin Fevre..... Americana
Marty's Juke Joint.... 40s & 50s boogie woogie, rock n roll, jump blues.

Re: 68 Jazz on its way

Post by martyforrer » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:57 pm

Excellent! I would add that I have dealt with Elderly also, and they are first rate.

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.
Butt Scratch (Bus Crash) originals band.

Post by pins » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:27 pm

Post a photo upon arrival please Tim1,love to see it,would love to see the 68 Telecaster bass and the Fender Custom Shop 64 Jazz too.

Tim1
Gold Member

Post by Tim1 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:27 pm

It arrived yesterday, Chris, and is everything I had hoped. It has that vintage tone and vibe that you can't really buy in reissues. Never having posted a pic before I will try to figure out how to do so, but in the meantime you can see the Custom Shop 64 on TradeMe right now. I listed it yesterday after I hade made sure the 68 is a keeper. I cannot afford to keep both so someone will get a bargain there.

john
Gold Member

Post by john » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:35 pm

Congrats. Hope you work out how to post pics

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.
Butt Scratch (Bus Crash) originals band.

Post by pins » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:45 pm

Great news,that didn't take log at all,cant wait to see it.I use http://photobucket.com/ to upload,store and post photos,simple to use and free.There are other similar sites and other ways to do it but that works for me.