Check This Out

DVD's, Books, Websites, Music Courses etc - Anything to help learn
kdbassman

Check This Out

Post by kdbassman » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:51 am

Checkout and Like the Facebook Page for updates on the new Instructional Bass DVD and Promo Video https://www.facebook.com/Back2TheBassicsVol1 :D

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.
Butt Scratch (Bus Crash) originals band.

Re: Check This Out

Post by pins » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:27 pm

Nice find for facebookers,but I have nothing to do with facebook and never will.

I have gained a ton of knowledge from this guy,(Scott) and to me he is a good tutor.Its all free and you dont need to belong to anything to view his lessons.

http://scottsbasslessons.com/

Antz
Silver Member
Bands / Groups: GENERATOR covers band

Post by Antz » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:53 pm

Chris wrote:Nice find for facebookers,but I have nothing to do with facebook and never will.

I have gained a ton of knowledge from this guy,(Scott) and to me he is a good tutor.Its all free and you dont need to belong to anything to view his lessons.

yo pins, yep he is very good in the way he explains things even with those black spider fingers :)

martyforrer
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Borderline.... country rock
Blues Deluxe... jazz/blues/jump
Cabin Fevre..... Americana
Marty's Juke Joint.... 40s & 50s boogie woogie, rock n roll, jump blues.

Post by martyforrer » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:43 am

Pins has got black spider fingers too from working on them crappy jappa cars.... :mrgreen:

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.
Butt Scratch (Bus Crash) originals band.

Post by pins » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:30 pm

The Japanese cars are generally pretty good I hate to say Marty,its all those old shite boxes that do my fingers in :wink:
Fridays are the days I have to take special care with my hands and fingers,gig tonight,so the gloves are On !
If i do any major major damage I can always get you or Antz to step in for me being local :D
ps I have found supa glue works a treat for cuts in fingers.

Fenderfan
Silver Member
MySpace Page: myspace.com/snowblindnz
Bands / Groups: Snowblind

Post by Fenderfan » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:02 pm

Chris wrote:I have gained a ton of knowledge from this guy,(Scott) and to me he is a good tutor.Its all free and you dont need to belong to anything to view his lessons.

Just checked out this link and peeved off I didn't see this/ stumble upon the site earlier... :evil:
Personally found it really helpful, have just spent the last hour going through tutorials, even starting from the beginning - now I've got reason why I was playing what I was(?). At first when learning, the guitarist I was jamming with would suggest something that would fit, and I soon picked up what would fit where(ish) but now I know why :D
I think there may be a few more hours yet to be spent on his site :mrgreen:
Fender MIA Precision, Squier Jazz, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0, Ashdown ABM 1x15, 2 x DIY Jack 112 now complete!

Antz
Silver Member
Bands / Groups: GENERATOR covers band

Post by Antz » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:38 pm

Old mitten man has a lot of wicked info going on, I've being doing some c7 grooving myself cool that u can download the backing track

Fenderfan
Silver Member
MySpace Page: myspace.com/snowblindnz
Bands / Groups: Snowblind

Post by Fenderfan » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:12 pm

Haha yeah whats with that? On one I saw he had a glove on one hand, index and middle finger were 'fingerless' or half exposed, the other two full cover?? It was his plucking hand, but weird! :?
Fender MIA Precision, Squier Jazz, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0, Ashdown ABM 1x15, 2 x DIY Jack 112 now complete!

cocobasser

Post by cocobasser » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:24 am

Hey Guys,

If your looking for free bass Lessons and Transcriptions of a high standard check this website out www.cocosbassment.com there are lots of transcriptions and lessons in both standard notation and tabs. Good mix of material for students looking to do challenging exam pieces. If your a Marcus Miller fan also there are some great tabs there for that and lots of other artists.

Hope thats useful to anyone