Female Bass Players

Bass related topics
pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.
Butt Scratch (Bus Crash) originals band.

Re: Female Bass Players

Post by pins » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:39 pm

sorry to double post on such a mundane topic :lol: but this was a female ? c/o google search,and she only posted once to show this http://www.bassplayer.co.nz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1571

my entusiastic reply was perhaps just that :oops: :lol: almost felt like a virtual stalker, although dan was in the know,i would have liked to have learnt a little more without a search,maybe i should keep my over enthusiastic replys edited :lol:

martyforrer
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Borderline.... country rock
Blues Deluxe... jazz/blues/jump
Cabin Fevre..... Americana
Marty's Juke Joint.... 40s & 50s boogie woogie, rock n roll, jump blues.

Post by martyforrer » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:20 am

So yer getting twitchy now the band's going into hibernation? :mrgreen:

Jazzbass
Gold Member

Post by Jazzbass » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:34 am

Chris wrote:sorry to double post on such a mundane topic :lol: but this was a female ? c/o google search,and she only posted once to show this http://www.bassplayer.co.nz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1571
my entusiastic reply was perhaps just that :oops: :lol: almost felt like a virtual stalker, although dan was in the know,i would have liked to have learnt a little more without a search,maybe i should keep my over enthusiastic replys edited :lol:
Well, she needn't worry about me swiping that bass anyway. :)

manofthematch
Bronze Member
Bands / Groups: Tahuna Breaks

Post by manofthematch » Wed May 14, 2014 9:53 pm

Marika Hodgson is on here as MBass. She's a brilliant bass player around Akld. Not sure whether she's still in NZ or has floated off overseas.
Fender Jazz US Highway 1, Fender Jazz fretless MIM, EB Musicman Stingray, EB Musicman Stingray 5, Line6 effects, Ampeg SVT amplification

ryla
Gold Member

Post by ryla » Fri May 23, 2014 4:26 pm

.Wendy Calder from WEllington band "The Spines" (mid 80s maybe) great bass player trained as classical violin I believe. Brilliant hit for them " Punch" (5/4) -great bassline. Used to have the EP but long lost. Was put out by Propeller records (or maybe it was JAYREM). She went on to electronica with "Pulsing" by Body Electric. electronica was death to bass huh? Let me know
anyone who has this a great number.

Pablo Basso
Bronze Member
Bands / Groups: Not active

Post by Pablo Basso » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:17 pm

I've actually got a copy of "Pulsing" on a kiwi music compilation album with me at the moment. It's called "It's Bigger Than Both of Us".There could be some of our members on it.
1979 Kramer 250B, 1981 Kramer DMZ5000, 1978 HH Electronics VS Bassamp Combo, 1985 Jansen Crusader 220 Magnum head, Jansen SR450T poweramp, 2x TL606 cabs with Electrovoice EVM15L.

manofthematch
Bronze Member
Bands / Groups: Tahuna Breaks

Post by manofthematch » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:19 pm

There's one chick (Hannah Elise) who's pretty handy on the bass who plays for an Auckland band (but they do play outside of Aucks) called Hipstamatics. They do covers but spruce them up real nicely. I think she usually plays a P or a J. She's got a great feel.