Last Nights Gig

Bass related topics
pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.
Butt Scratch (Bus Crash) originals band.

Last Nights Gig

Post by pins » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:08 pm

Hi all,this could be a useful thread for one and all to post experiences with gigs whether good or not so good.

my originals band "Bus Crash" played support for Mi Sex at the Cabana in Napier last night to around near 200 punters...what a blast.
no rehearsal or sound check for us..lol..arrived with bass and effects and 20 mins later we were into it.
supplied rig was Ampeg 8x10 and some rather large Ampeg amp,but without my glasses I couldn't make out the model,lol..it had blue lines and label,and I thought I could see the letter C ...but anyway it was bitchin ! very cool.

great gig and a load of fun and Mi Sex really were awesome and put on a great show.

next on the list for my covers band is the All Blacks test in Napier.....we have been asked to provide some pre match entertainment.
funnily enough we also played at the very first and last All Blacks test at McLean Park in Napier back in 1996...been a long time.

martyforrer
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Borderline.... country rock
Blues Deluxe... jazz/blues/jump
Cabin Fevre..... Americana
Marty's Juke Joint.... 40s & 50s boogie woogie, rock n roll, jump blues.

Re: Last Nights Gig

Post by martyforrer » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:20 am

Shame about Roy's car getting munted. I did some gigs with Paul Dunningham (Mi-Sex drummer) in the mid-late 90s. Good drummer. Glad it was good for ya, but why does your poster have a plane on it, not a bus? :mrgreen:

manofthematch
Bronze Member
Bands / Groups: Tahuna Breaks

Post by manofthematch » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:35 am

Nice work there Pins.
I'm glad the AB's are playing @ Macleans Park. Has been too long. That was a special test back in '96, the arrival of Christian Cullen.

Mate that's also wicked to play at stadium gigs. :)
Living the dream
Fender Jazz US Highway 1, Fender Jazz fretless MIM, EB Musicman Stingray, EB Musicman Stingray 5, Line6 effects, Ampeg SVT amplification

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.

Post by pins » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:46 pm

martyforrer wrote:why does your poster have a plane on it, not a bus? :mrgreen:
Airbus....type of plane :wink:

And yes Roy's car,has personal implications for me sadly.

and cheers for the kind comments manofthematch

john
Gold Member

Post by john » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:42 pm

Great stuff, Pins. I wish I could have been at that Mi-Sex gig

pins
Gold Member

Post by pins » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:54 pm

You would have loved it john.. :D

full dress rehearsal on Friday for All Blacks test.
amazing with TV involved how everything runs to a really tight schedule just like I almost recall back in '96 (were talking down to,hour/min and half min intervals),although back then everything was printed and delivered by hand rather than sent to your phone.

we have 2 pre match sets,first one is 20 min the next 12 min ... and not a second more....lol

using a Rumble 350 2x10 combo cause we have another gig after the game where my main rig will be waiting for it's, by that time, loose owner.

manofthematch
Bronze Member
Bands / Groups: Tahuna Breaks

Post by manofthematch » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:29 am

Big night Pins.
How did ya go? I'd love to play to a stadium :)

Nice work on having two gigs in one night.
Fender Jazz US Highway 1, Fender Jazz fretless MIM, EB Musicman Stingray, EB Musicman Stingray 5, Line6 effects, Ampeg SVT amplification

pins
Gold Member

Post by pins » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:38 pm

Yep,awesome experience playing to 20,000 + people !!! another career highlight,even if it was only 32 mins in total and meant getting soaked in the process. :D

Huge thumbs up to Henry and his team doing sound and stage,the rain and last minute decision changes by officials made things very trying to say the least,but they were just unstoppable.

The gig we played after was great too, like a new years eve,full house and people were out to party it up big time.
A long day ,I crawled into the sack around 3.30 this morning. :lol:

Fenderfan
Silver Member
MySpace Page: myspace.com/snowblindnz
Bands / Groups: Snowblind

Post by Fenderfan » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:42 pm

Good to hear it went well for you Pins :D
Fender MIA Precision, Squier Jazz, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0, Ashdown ABM 1x15, 2 x DIY Jack 112 now complete!

pins
Gold Member

Post by pins » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:11 pm

I don't do facebook but looks like I'm there like it or not doh ! :oops:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Naked-Gu ... 2247861413