Gary Willis

Who da man?
bassnut14
Bronze Member

Gary Willis

Post by bassnut14 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:36 pm

he greatest living fretless bass player a master of efficiancy and just so amzing!
check out his cover of norweigan wood below:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K5sYu3yK0ws&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K5sYu3yK0ws&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Dan

Re: Gary Willis

Post by Dan » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:52 pm

Come on man, lets not go over the top. Everyone has different tastes, and by stating that so and so "is the greatest ever" isn't conducive to a nice mature, structured discussion.

Personally, Gary Willis is much like Steve Bailey for me. A lot of flash, but not much substance. But hey, thats only my opinion ;)

bassnut14
Bronze Member

Post by bassnut14 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:48 pm

Dan wrote:Come on man, lets not go over the top. Everyone has different tastes, and by stating that so and so "is the greatest ever" isn't conducive to a nice mature, structured discussion.

Personally, Gary Willis is much like Steve Bailey for me. A lot of flash, but not much substance. But hey, thats only my opinion ;)
sorry should have said in my opinion i'm not verry good at this.

john
Gold Member

Post by john » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:20 pm

bassnut14 wrote:
Dan wrote:Come on man, lets not go over the top. Everyone has different tastes, and by stating that so and so "is the greatest ever" isn't conducive to a nice mature, structured discussion.

Well everything someone says regarding how good someone is, is all just opinion in the end, I guess.
When you say "not very good at this" are you referring to AS?

Gary is a very interesting player, quite a unique approach to technique.
I have watched a few of his "floating thumb" instructional you tubes. kind of makes sense for right arm muscles

Dan

Post by Dan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:11 pm

bassnut14 wrote:

Sorry mate, re-read my post and realised I sounded like a wanker heh......busy weeks and tons of late gigs seem to turn me into a grumpy bugger!

bassnut14
Bronze Member

Post by bassnut14 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:03 pm

john wrote:
bassnut14 wrote:

Well everything someone says regarding how good someone is, is all just opinion in the end, I guess.
When you say "not very good at this" are you referring to AS?

Gary is a very interesting player, quite a unique approach to technique.
I have watched a few of his "floating thumb" instructional you tubes. kind of makes sense for right arm muscles
I meant the info about the bassists and his techniche is awesome and does sound like it would be very ergonomic and great for your wrists,hands,arms etc.