Mark King - Level 42

Who da man?
MesaMan
Skype Address: doubleflatwhite
Bands / Groups: Madlight, Fragile, Urban Heat, Suspended Animation, Tackleboxxx.
Most recent and current band is: Lounge Act

Mark King - Level 42

Post by MesaMan » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:02 pm

I always liked the style of Mark King of Level 42 he gets such a great sound. On the other hand Chris Squire (just been watching a YES dvd) or Geddy Lee of Rush.
ChrisE
Mesa Impulse 600, 2x12, 1x15 and 4x10 Powerhouse cabinets, ESP Horizon Custom 5 string, Warwick Limited Edition FNA Jazzman 5 string, Ibanez SDGR 4 string, Fender American Jazz Deluxe 5...and now a Mesa Strategy Eight:88

Mr Bass Man
Silver Member
Bands / Groups: splt-second top Auckland covers band

Re: Mark King - Level 42

Post by Mr Bass Man » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:41 am

MesaMan wrote:I always liked the style of Mark King of Level 42 he gets such a great sound. On the other hand Chris Squire (just been watching a YES dvd) or Geddy Lee of Rush.
Yeah, I'm not really a fan of Level 42's Music, but he is a great bassist and very good at slap. He holds his bass quite high though- I can't play like that!
Agree with you on Chris Squire and Geddy Lee - have always admired good bass players who also sing
I would throw Steve Harris from Iron Maiden into the mix - he is a great bass player and plays with his 2 fingers only... even the fast triplets on 'Run to the Hills'
"We became rich a lot later than I thought - now I'm too old to enjoy my money" - John 'Thunderfingers' Entwhistle