Kiwi Bass Player Hall of Fame

Who da man?
StraitjacketJames
Bronze Member

Re: Kiwi Bass Player Hall of Fame

Post by StraitjacketJames » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:22 pm

I nominate Karl Kippenberger, from Shihad and Luger Boa. Simple, but funky bass lines.

musiconline
Bands / Groups: SmoothTime Jazz

Post by musiconline » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:54 pm

I'll add my 2c with Jack Stradwick (Headband) - he always played a groove a mile wide.

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.
Butt Scratch (Bus Crash) originals band.

Post by pins » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:37 pm

musiconline wrote:I'll add my 2c with Jack Stradwick (Headband) - he always played a groove a mile wide.
When I read this I knew that band name Headband,after a quick search through my old vinyl records I found "Loxene Golden Disc Top 12 1972" and on that album is Headband and the song "Good Morning Mr Rock 'n' Roll" great song too,one of my kiwi favs !

Here is part of the story on the back of the album,
"When acceptance for entry to the 1972 Loxene Golden Disc Award closed,a total of 82 entries had been received.This is an all time record and to celebrate the 1972 awards,and to help you with your voting,we've compiled this album:The 1972 Loxene Golden Disc Award Top 12"

A list of the 12 artists on the album are Blerta,Creation,Quincy Conserve,Bunny Walters,Rumour,Chapta,Steve Allen,Timberjack-Donohue,Rangi Parker,Kal-Q-lated-Risk,Headband and Suzanne.

Those were the days..... :) and I was all of 9years old.

manofthematch
Bronze Member
Bands / Groups: Tahuna Breaks

Post by manofthematch » Sat May 10, 2014 10:25 am

Following my last post on this forum, gotta hand it to Ben Shepherd. The dude is playing / touring with jazz legend Lee Ritenour. Not bad!
Fender Jazz US Highway 1, Fender Jazz fretless MIM, EB Musicman Stingray, EB Musicman Stingray 5, Line6 effects, Ampeg SVT amplification