New super lite 12" bass cab

Thunder Boxes!
Harley
Gold Member

New super lite 12" bass cab

Post by Harley » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:16 pm

Here's the BFM Jackk 112 Lite.

400 watts RMS 8 ohm. Horn loaded, it simply spanks the pants of a 410 cab in terms of clarity and tone at a fraction of the weight.

BUT - more impressivley - IT WEIGHS ONLY 12 kg - yes 12 kg!

For the big events, take two cabs and stack for a huge sound PLUS these are easily still a one man, one trip carry, one in each hand.

The cab only needs one handle. It has the Eminence 3012HO driver and the one in the picture has a switchable 16 piezo melded array which means it's easily converted into a PA cab.

It measures 450 high, 560 wide and 470 deep. Two will fit in the boot of the average sedan or on the back seat with room to spare,

I'm now going to build a Jack 115 Lite along the same lines and try and keep this under 15kg.
Retired authorised builder of Bill Fitzmaurice Design Speaker cabs for New Zealand - http://www.billfitzmaurice.info

DubnBass
Bronze Member
Bands / Groups: One Waka

Re: New super lite 12" bass cab

Post by DubnBass » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:39 pm

Nice! Planning to mass produce these at all? :mrgreen:
Fender USA Deluxe Jazz V
Squier CV 60's Precision
GK Fusion 550
Mesa Powerhouse Traditional 6x10

Harley
Gold Member

Post by Harley » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:58 am

Yes, these were the prototypes to iron out production bugs, so I'm ready to start.

These are custom builds so the client gets exactly what he wants. That means a 3- 4 week delivery from date of receipt of deposit.

Once orders start flowing in, those prototypes will go on sale.
Retired authorised builder of Bill Fitzmaurice Design Speaker cabs for New Zealand - http://www.billfitzmaurice.info

Fenderfan
Silver Member
MySpace Page: myspace.com/snowblindnz
Bands / Groups: Snowblind

Post by Fenderfan » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:54 pm

How does that compare to your regular Jack 112 finished weight? I think I read you used Italian poplar - already a pretty light ply....
Fender MIA Precision, Squier Jazz, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0, Ashdown ABM 1x15, 2 x DIY Jack 112 now complete!

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.
Butt Scratch (Bus Crash) originals band.

Post by pins » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:16 pm

Harley another question ,what style of these cabs (just a single cab) would you suggest to use with my GB Shuttle 9 for smallish venues, is this similar to the ones we chatted about last year ?
While my 4x10 is good, its overkill at times,bulky and also weighs in at 72lb (32kg) according to the specs,still very interested in these cabs.

Harley
Gold Member

Post by Harley » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:27 pm

Chris wrote:Harley another question ,what style of these cabs (just a single cab) would you suggest to use with my GB Shuttle 9 for smallish venues, is this similar to the ones we chatted about last year ?
While my 4x10 is good, its overkill at times,bulky and also weighs in at 72lb (32kg) according to the specs,still very interested in these cabs.
I'm in Napier on the evening of 27th, I'll bring a J112 Lite with me. You buy the beer and PM me your contact numbers :mrgreen:

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.

Post by pins » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:19 am

PM sent,cheers.

Bill Fitzmaurice
Bronze Member
Bands / Groups: Audio Engineering Society

Post by Bill Fitzmaurice » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:16 pm

Harley wrote:You buy the beer
The cab would likely cost him less. :wink:

Harley
Gold Member

Post by Harley » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:35 am

Chris wrote:PM sent,cheers.
It hasn't turned up in my Message box :(

pins
Gold Member

Post by pins » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:19 pm

check pm's again harley :D

Harley
Gold Member

Post by Harley » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:08 am

Chris wrote:check pm's again harley :D
Got it now :D

pins
Gold Member

Post by pins » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:33 pm

Great,looking forward to it Harley.See ya next week.
I will have many beers,many basses and amp ready to go. :D
Played a couple of semi accoustic gigs (accoutic guitar,vocals and kick only in FOH) on the deck of a local drinkery the last 2 Sunday arvos.I used the Warwick Star Bass which really is perfect for such things but the monstrous 1000watt 4x10 is such overkill for such outings,size being the major issue :lol:

Harley
Gold Member

Post by Harley » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:57 pm

Chris wrote:Great,looking forward to it Harley.See ya next week.
I will have many beers,many basses and amp ready to go. :D
Played a couple of semi accoustic gigs (accoutic guitar,vocals and kick only in FOH) on the deck of a local drinkery the last 2 Sunday arvos.I used the Warwick Star Bass which really is perfect for such things but the monstrous 1000watt 4x10 is such overkill for such outings,size being the major issue :lol:
Seems we're arriving latish Tues night - about 7 - 8 pm HOWEVER we're staying an extra night Wednesday so plenty of time to catch up.

Garyth

Post by Garyth » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:54 pm

Sorry to hijack an old thread, but I'd be in the market for something like this. Would you be available to knock one together for me?

Gareth.

Harley wrote:Yes, these were the prototypes to iron out production bugs, so I'm ready to start.

These are custom builds so the client gets exactly what he wants. That means a 3- 4 week delivery from date of receipt of deposit.

Once orders start flowing in, those prototypes will go on sale.

Harley
Gold Member

Post by Harley » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:19 pm

Garyth wrote:Sorry to hijack an old thread, but I'd be in the market for something like this. Would you be available to knock one together for me?

Gareth.
Sure thing. Which one are you after? J110Lite, J112Lite or J115Lite?