Bergantino NV115

Thunder Boxes!
Tim1
Gold Member

Bergantino NV115

Post by Tim1 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:20 am

Just pulled the trigger on the last one of these in stock at Bass gear Direct in Sydney. Not cheap when you add on shipping but I think it will fill my need/craving for a smaller cabinet to go with the Fender 100T or maybe with the Super Bassman 300 as well. I have a GK neo 115 cab but I have always found I prefer a sealed cab with a tube amp ( although I must admit the new Fender neo 610 is an exception, sounds superb with the Super Bassman). The GK is a nice cab, sounds great with a Markbass head, but just a little too loose at the bottom end with tubes. The NV115 is sealed with a custom fifteen and a six inch mid driver, getting a lot of love over on Talkbass. Anyway, I know my NV215 sounds great with both Fender heads (and my old SVT and Orange AD200B for that matter) so I figure it should be a safe bet for a smaller option.
So tempting when I was talking with George to grab a Sadowsky, maybe if I win lotto tonight........

john
Gold Member

Re: Bergantino NV115

Post by john » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:24 am

Cool. let us know how it sound when it arrives

Tim1
Gold Member

Re: Bergantino NV115

Post by Tim1 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:29 pm

It arrived yesterday. I haven't played it yet with the band but cranked it a bit at home and it is tight, punchy and controlled across the frequency range. Goes nice and deep without being at all flabby.Very detailed for a fifteen with its six inch driver and the crossover is very natural and well integrated. Think a vintage tone with power and control, but extending evenly up into the high mids. No tweeter, but I play bass not treble so that is no issue to me. This really should fit in the mix naturally but have plenty of punch when needed. Enough highs for a little slap if that is your thing, but I am 99% fingers anyway. Cost to me including import duty worked out about $1680. Not cheap, but if tubes are your thing then I don't think you can do better than a sealed Bergantino NV cabinet to make them sing. Anyway, it is nice to have the NV115 for small gigs and the option of the NV215 for bigger rooms now.