Trace Eliiot AH 500X

Thunder Boxes!
Widownz

Trace Eliiot AH 500X

Post by Widownz » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:08 pm

Hey Guy's
Just went to plug in my Trace today and decided to plug my JBL 15" and all of a sudden it started building into a crackling noise.
Never had this before .
I had it plugged into the B output or low pass when it started crackling.
I then plugged it into the A output or high pass and it went fine.

Mr Bass Man
Silver Member
Bands / Groups: splt-second top Auckland covers band

Re: Trace Eliiot AH 500X

Post by Mr Bass Man » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:51 pm

I had a problem this year with my amp - when I plugged it on one of the speakers was making a farting / cracking noise, and I found it was my speaker lead - changed the lead and no problem.
not sure if your problem is related, but try different leads and see if that fixes the problem - also check the battery on your bass if it is an active bass....
"We became rich a lot later than I thought - now I'm too old to enjoy my money" - John 'Thunderfingers' Entwhistle

Widownz

Post by Widownz » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:15 am

Mr Bass Man wrote:I had a problem this year with my amp - when I plugged it on one of the speakers was making a farting / cracking noise, and I found it was my speaker lead - changed the lead and no problem.
not sure if your problem is related, but try different leads and see if that fixes the problem - also check the battery on your bass if it is an active bass....
Hey Cheers for that.
Should have said before I used the lead for both channels it didn't crackle in the high channel plus I was using a passive bass yesterday.
I will be doing a bit of mucking around with it today though using my full rig and changing different basses leads etc.
Hoping I don't have to get it fixed up but thinking I'm going to have to send it in somewhere, The only problem is I'm in Hokitika and getting any sent around the country especially that weight is a huge cost in it self.

Widownz

Post by Widownz » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:21 am

Well done a full check on all of my rig yesterday using different speakers ,leads and basses and that channel is still making the same noise.
It builds as it is warming up as well so going to get hold of someone today hopefully it's to much of a big fix.
The other high pass channel is working fine but will get the whole amp checked, Too much of a monster to let this one go without a fight.

Widownz

Post by Widownz » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:10 pm

Hey guy's
Got phone call from the tech checking my amp today and it turns out out it was just the output transistors on the low pass that was the problem so about $8 for 4 of them.
The courier cost was more than the parts.
Should be all up and running by the end of the week (look out neigbours here it comes) :)

martyforrer
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Borderline.... country rock
Blues Deluxe... jazz/blues/jump
Cabin Fevre..... Americana
Marty's Juke Joint.... 40s & 50s boogie woogie, rock n roll, jump blues.

Post by martyforrer » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:47 am

Good you got it sorted without having to send it anywhere.