bronzet
Silver Member

Re: What's your rig?

Post by bronzet » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:28 pm

Pics, dont forget the pics :)
foal30 wrote:My rig is
Ashdown 300CMT All Tube Head
Ashdown ABM 1510H Cab

Far and away the 'best' set up I have owned. Works well with all my Basses and for whatever reason let's all of my pedal board speak out better than I'm used to.

I will get a 'little' amp for small gigs, maybe an Aguilar or one of those Prometheans.
Fender Jazz 1968
Fender Precision 1972
Musicman Stingray 1978
Peavey T40 1983
MIT Yamaha Attitude LTD 1 1990
Wal Mk2 1993
MIK Fender Jazz Deluxe 2005
MIK Yamaha RBXJM2 2005
MIK Fender Jazz Deluxe V 2008
Rickenbacker 4003 2015
+others

john
Gold Member

Post by john » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:29 pm

Mr Bass Man wrote:Well I sold the sonic bass above (wife wouldn't let me have 2 basses unfortunately) and after Christmas I bought a Fender Rumble 500 V3 2x10 Bass Combo. photos are just from the web

Hands down it is the best and lightest amp I've ever had.... only weighs 17kgs and the sound from the amp is amazing.
I was worried that being 2x10 it would be lacking in the bottom end but no this amp has plenty of bottom end
At the gig last weekend guitarist actually asked me to turn it down on stage!!! - I had to turn it down from volume 3 to 2.
I was going to get an extn cab to go with the amp, but I don't think I need to

had to sell my Ashdown EVO 900 III and my warwick 4x10, but this amp more than makes up for it.

I'm one happy chappy at the moment!
I'm glad the Rumble is working out for you after having what seemed like a long period of problems with your last rig.
How is the DI on the Rumble?

Mr Bass Man
Silver Member
Bands / Groups: splt-second top Auckland covers band

Post by Mr Bass Man » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:53 pm

john wrote: I'm glad the Rumble is working out for you after having what seemed like a long period of problems with your last rig.
How is the DI on the Rumble?
works like a charm..... at first is was buzzing and I went through that "oh no.... not again" thought but realised that you actually have to have the button out for the ground lift to work.... most other amps you have to push the button in - but once I figured that out no problems

I'm just amazed at the sound it produces from 2x10 speakers... I only have the amp on volume 2 on stage and it's plenty loud enough
I can fit the amp, my case with leads, mic, spare strings...etc... my vocal mic stand and bass stand in the boot of the car without having to fold the seats down!

I was going to get an extension speaker for it, but honestly don't think I'll need one :D
"We became rich a lot later than I thought - now I'm too old to enjoy my money" - John 'Thunderfingers' Entwhistle