FS: Kinal MK5-B Custom - SOLD

For individuals only... No businesses, retailers or wholesalers.
phaedrus

FS: Kinal MK5-B Custom - SOLD

Post by phaedrus » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:33 pm

It's time for me to admit that as I play a P tuned drop C in a metal band I don't actually need a bass like this. Lovely bass built by Mike Kinal in Canada, with such a pretty quilted top. I have only owned this for a few years, having bought it from the original owner who was a colleague of mine that came over to contract here in NZ and create hobbity visual effects. He's obviously as busy with work as I am, as it doesn't show much in the way of signs of use... It's in way better condition than basses I've gigged, and I suspect it's been a home bass for most, if not all, of its life. Early this year I had Kenny Duncan in Wellington remove the neck's finish and it's now oiled instead, and at the same time the frets were levelled and dressed.

http://www.kinal.com/

Built: February 1998
Body: Swamp Ash with Quilted Maple top
Neck: Maple
Fingerboard: Ebony
Frets: 24
Scale: 35"
Pickups: Bartolini Js
Electronics: Demeter BEQP-1 preamp

Comes with a good quality gig bag... Prefer pickup in Wellington due to not having a hardshell case, but open to suggestions from a purchaser on how to pack it securely for shipping. Alternatively, if you live somewhere between Wellington and the Hawkes Bay I could drop it off as I travel between the two regularly.

More photos here: http://imgur.com/a/70R2q
Last edited by phaedrus on Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

foal30
Gold Member
MySpace Page: myspace is owned by Lucifer himself
Bands / Groups: Pony Jones

Re: FS: Kinal MK5-B Custom

Post by foal30 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:00 am

Very cool, heard lots of good things about Mike Kinal basses

I want the 35"scale P :lol:
Slave to the Rhythm Changes

phaedrus

Re: FS: Kinal MK5-B Custom

Post by phaedrus » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:08 am

It's a great bass, it's just criminal that it lives at my place... I don't have the talent, or the musical outlet, to do it justice. I'd feel like an idiot playing pretty heavily overdriven stoner/sludgey metal on it. At the moment it's just a piece of art, sitting in my rack of basses looking pretty but being woefully under-utilised :-/

phaedrus

Re: FS: Kinal MK5-B Custom $1100 ono

Post by phaedrus » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:10 am

Price drop bump... I've got a severe case of GAS and can't justify spending new money on it, so need to 'recycle' some gear to cover part of the cost. My loss = your gain etc