Newbie on board

Welcome, Introduce yourself! Have any comments or ideas? It's your site, what do you want to see?
mslibra

Newbie on board

Post by mslibra » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:04 pm

Hi all,

have just signed up to this website in the hope of learning lots about basses and bassplaying. I am not an experienced player, have been mucking about for a couple of years but trying to get a bit more 'serious' this year so I can actually say with confidence that I can play bass!
Am thinking of doing lessons this year to try and fill in the many gaps in my knowledge, and also to get in the habit of practicing more often.
I probably won't post much as I don't know anything (!) but maybe I will ask lots of questions so you can all blind me with your knowledge.

I have two basses which is kinda ridiculous as I can't play very well, but I really like them both! My first bass is a second hand short scale Diplomat that I got off Trademe quite a few years ago. When I went to the UK for a couple of years I left it behind, but I then bought another bass over there as I missed messing around on it. It is a Epiphone EB0 and I think it has a really nice tone. I have a few pedals that I play through (most belong to my boyfriend), the ones I own are a hotcake, prunes and custard and a big muff, which are all pretty sweet. I also have a morley bass wah, bass synth, and a phaser - on long-term loan.

Anyway, happy new year to everyone and hope to hear from you soon!

john
Gold Member

Re: Newbie on board

Post by john » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:01 pm

Welcome aboard.
You'll have to post pics of your gear :D

joppo

Post by joppo » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:53 pm

There is nothing rediculous about owning more than one bass :D

Welcome aboard

Dan

Post by Dan » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:04 pm

Welcome!!

mslibra

Post by mslibra » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:23 am

john wrote:Welcome aboard.
You'll have to post pics of your gear :D
Thanks, I've chucked a pic of my gear up on the bass/amps thread.