Hi from Awhitu

Welcome, Introduce yourself! Have any comments or ideas? It's your site, what do you want to see?
MoFo

Hi from Awhitu

Post by MoFo » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:20 am

Hi guys..found this site a couple of days ago and have been perusing since.....it seems a very good resource and nobody getting their knickers in a bunch, unlike some hotrod sites I frequent...yes another car guy :D
I do know one of your curmudgeonly members as it turns out..Hi Marty. :lol: I am on something of a comeback ( if a 56yr old can call it that) after a long break from playing. My neighbour (a great guitarist and vocalist) out here in the booney's, kicked my butt and got me to stop using my Fender BXR 300 as a mobile tool table in the man cave. :wink: I have a Fender fretless jazz bass to go with it. We now have a female keyboard/ vocalist, and a new peavey PA, so things are starting to look interesting. Dr Rythm on drums. :P

martyforrer
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Borderline.... country rock
Blues Deluxe... jazz/blues/jump
Cabin Fevre..... Americana
Marty's Juke Joint.... 40s & 50s boogie woogie, rock n roll, jump blues.

Re: Hi from Awhitu

Post by martyforrer » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:53 pm

So ya got here.... it's not a bad place, as places go. Watch out for a guy called Chris though.... he's a mean mofo.... uh, no, that's you innit..... :mrgreen:

MoFo

Post by MoFo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:49 am

Yeah, there's only one MoFo mate........It's awefully quiet in here.....those other bottomliners must be real busy...or dead :lol:
I was hopeing to get some info on the steinberg midi interface I treated myself to here but maybe not :?
One good thing, flatwounds ....I'm gonna try some chromes ...at $50 it's no biggie if they don't do it. I'm not a slapper :P and always liked Paul McCartneys sounds, and it seems we're veering towards dance /house with verses and choruses... or reworked old covers...or originals..and we have some...I don't care as long as I'm playing stuff I can live with and even get to like. I mean hell, at my age I'm not likely to be playing an arena anytime soon.
We do currently have the undivided attention of a lady keyboardist who's just returned from some 15 years in the big apple..she's been into groove /house/ dance/ ambient over there and we are rock casualties from the 80's .. :lol: but we are open to anything so a colaberation is on the cards.
There are no big ego's with us so it has a good chance ......................

john
Gold Member

Post by john » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:02 am

Hello. Welcome back to the low end

MoFo

Post by MoFo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:42 am

Cheers John, we had a drink/jam/practice tonite and some good stuff came out of it, not much for pidgeonholing styles so not too sure... It has good tight flow though... so..... 8) 8) 8)

martyforrer
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Borderline.... country rock
Blues Deluxe... jazz/blues/jump
Cabin Fevre..... Americana
Marty's Juke Joint.... 40s & 50s boogie woogie, rock n roll, jump blues.

Post by martyforrer » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:22 am

Seems to me yer spending too much time enjoying yerself and not enough out in yer shed working on yer hot rod....