Hi all. Glad to be a new member

Welcome, Introduce yourself! Have any comments or ideas? It's your site, what do you want to see?
Randy Woodcock

Hi all. Glad to be a new member

Post by Randy Woodcock » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:41 am

Hi everyone
I was just told about this site so I thought I would check it out, and cool, there is a place in NZ for the masters of the low end to get together, share help & ideas etc.
I've been playing for many years now and lived from Invercargill to Auckland where I am currently.
I have been & am in 2 bands, one for work which is a covers band and one for me which I guess is a little experimental. Kind of a rock, groove funky band, with eliments of jazz & even a bit of an Aribic sound.

Currently for my gear I have a Philip Kubicki xfactor 4 from California, a Tobias Growler 5 string (while they were still with Gibson and not MTD) and am currently having a Ken Smith Black Tiger Elite 5 string being made, which I am extremely looking forward to receiving. I will then be getting a Fodera, just trying to decide the model.
I am running them through an Ampeg SVT Classic head & the Ampeg 8x10 cab (a mere 120kgs), but man what a sound.
I have for effects a Boss GT-10B multi effects processor & a Sansamp Bass driver deluxe.

So I am looking forward to being part of this bass community and hearing people help & advise.

Anyway, hi to you all and hope to speak to many of you.
Actually, if you say hi, maybe tell me a bit about your influences and what you are listening to at the moment. Love to have my mind opened to new music

Do or do do not, there is no try

Tobias Growler
Kubicki x factor 4
Ken Smith, Black Tiger Elite

Gold Member
MySpace Page: myspace is owned by Lucifer himself
Bands / Groups: Pony Jones

Re: Hi all. Glad to be a new member

Post by foal30 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:05 pm

Randy Woodcock is glad to be a new member :shock:

welcome aboard, good luck with the KS, I've always wanted to have a go on one.

currently spinning a disc by a BPNZ cat, John Battle Ska Galatica

digging through some Elvis Costello, working on some bass lines.
Slave to the Rhythm Changes

Gold Member

Re: Hi all. Glad to be a new member

Post by john » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:05 am

Welcome to the board.
Randy Woodcock is probably the best name ever