Howdy!

Welcome, Introduce yourself! Have any comments or ideas? It's your site, what do you want to see?
cjj
Bronze Member

Howdy!

Post by cjj » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:46 am

Just joined the group and thought I'd say hello! I'm originally from Montana, USA, moving to Christchurch. I'm near Wellington right now, staying with family until I start my job in Chch...

beagle
Site Admin
Skype Address: steve_sussex
Bands / Groups: Bands: The Bravos, Black Dog, Los Diablos, Rebel without Applause, The Buskers

Re: Howdy!

Post by beagle » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:17 am

Hi cjj
Welcome to the site and NZ.
Steve :-)
Musicman Sterling, Fender Jazz, Cort SJB-3 Acoustic, GK 800RB, 400RB, 2x Neo112-II, 410T http://stevesussex.bassplayer.co.nz
Sussex Design http://www.sussexdesign.co.nz

martyforrer
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Borderline.... country rock
Blues Deluxe... jazz/blues/jump
Cabin Fevre..... Americana
Marty's Juke Joint.... 40s & 50s boogie woogie, rock n roll, jump blues.

Post by martyforrer » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:50 am

G'day. Tell us a bit about yourself.

cjj
Bronze Member

Post by cjj » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:26 pm

Thanks for the "welcomes!"

What to say about myself... Hmmm... OK, probably best to skip all of the boring non-bass-related stuff.

I've been playing bass since about 1977, been in several bands over the years, a few of them were actually fairly good! I'm pretty much a Rick-a-holic, fell in love with Rickenbacker basses around 1980 when the keyboard player in our band found one for sale in the local paper. I went and tried it and bought it on the spot. Now I've got "a few" Ricks...
:roll: :lol: :oops:

OK, I suppose a little boring stuff is alright. I took a few years off from playing (well, more than a few) doing the job/family thing. Had a small ranch in Montana, supported my farming habit with a day job doing electronics design. Decided to move to NZ when the company I'd been with for 25 years told me one morning they had no more need for my services. Hey, after living in Montana with my backyard looking like this:
CJ7_0029.jpg
Where could be better than NZ? Plus, both my wife and I have family here, which makes it even better.

So, now I'm hoping to get back into playing more, maybe even find a band, now that I won't be spending all of my "free time" farming/ranching. I'm sure there's bound to be something going on in the Chch music scene, after all the population there is 3 times larger than the biggest city in Montana, about 1/3 the total population of Montana!

john
Gold Member

Post by john » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:36 pm

Howdy, cjj.
Nice to have you onboard.