Hello everyone

Welcome, Introduce yourself! Have any comments or ideas? It's your site, what do you want to see?
Mark H
Bands / Groups: Greg Johnson, Eyreton Hall, Hands Off, Greg Fleming, Jan Hellriegel, LadyKillers.

Hello everyone

Post by Mark H » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:40 pm

Just signed up to the site, great to have a place for Bass talk! I'm a session player based on the North Shore of Auckland. Been playing for nearly 30 years and have been lucky enough to tour and record with a lot of great Kiwi artists. Always happy to offer an opinion or share my experience with anyone who want to listen.

cjj
Bronze Member

Re: Hello everyone

Post by cjj » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:05 pm

Welcome from another newbie in Chch!

john
Gold Member

Post by john » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:47 pm

Hey Mark, Nice to have you here

beagle
Site Admin
Skype Address: steve_sussex
Bands / Groups: Bands: The Bravos, Black Dog, Los Diablos, Rebel without Applause, The Buskers

Post by beagle » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:00 pm

Hi Mark, welcome,
I'm pretty sure I met you briefly and used your SWR rig before a jan hellriegel gig @ the civic a few years back. I remember really enjoying the sound from memory... still using it?
Musicman Sterling, Fender Jazz, Cort SJB-3 Acoustic, GK 800RB, 400RB, 2x Neo112-II, 410T http://stevesussex.bassplayer.co.nz
Sussex Design http://www.sussexdesign.co.nz

Mark H
Bands / Groups: Greg Johnson, Eyreton Hall, Hands Off, Greg Fleming, Jan Hellriegel, LadyKillers.

Post by Mark H » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:21 pm

beagle wrote:Hi Mark, welcome,
I'm pretty sure I met you briefly and used your SWR rig before a jan hellriegel gig @ the civic a few years back. I remember really enjoying the sound from memory... still using it?

Hey mate, yes i remember that. You were playing with Kiri right? I've been using MarkBass amps and cabs the last couple of years, sold the SWR stuff.

beagle
Site Admin
Skype Address: steve_sussex
Bands / Groups: Bands: The Bravos, Black Dog, Los Diablos, Rebel without Applause, The Buskers

Post by beagle » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:51 pm

Mark H wrote:
beagle wrote:Hi Mark, welcome,
Hey mate, yes i remember that. You were playing with Kiri right? I've been using MarkBass amps and cabs the last couple of years, sold the SWR stuff.
Yeah that's right... that was a good night. Gotta love the portability of the MB stuff and they do sound great. I expect the SWR gear will become quite collectible in years to come.
Musicman Sterling, Fender Jazz, Cort SJB-3 Acoustic, GK 800RB, 400RB, 2x Neo112-II, 410T http://stevesussex.bassplayer.co.nz
Sussex Design http://www.sussexdesign.co.nz

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.
Butt Scratch (Bus Crash) originals band.

Post by pins » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:35 am

Hi Mark,tell me,did you come down to Napier and do the gig at Church Rd with Ricky Morris and company last weekend ? :D

Mark H

Post by Mark H » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:04 pm

pins wrote:Hi Mark,tell me,did you come down to Napier and do the gig at Church Rd with Ricky Morris and company last weekend ? :D
Yep that was me. Fun gig!

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.
Butt Scratch (Bus Crash) originals band.

Post by pins » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:43 pm

Was fun,I was playing bass with the band before you guys :D and we did say hello to each other.
I was just disappointed I had to leave during your first song.
Nice to have crossed paths.