Heavens!

Welcome, Introduce yourself! Have any comments or ideas? It's your site, what do you want to see?
manofthematch
Bronze Member
Bands / Groups: Tahuna Breaks

Heavens!

Post by manofthematch » Fri May 09, 2014 11:12 pm

Who would have thought there would be so many bassists in Aotearoa?

Greetings everyone, my name is Tim Gillon and i'm a relative new comer to BP.
Awesome little website. I must admit that I've known about the site, viewed it many times and had only made one post before (admittedly in the Kiwi Hall of Fame thread).

So I've been holding down the low end for Tahuna Breaks for about 3 years now. Had some pretty memorable gigs along the way at the Powerstation and overseas in UK and South Korea. I'd have never thought in my wildest dreams that getting invited to play music overseas would ever happen.

Outside of Tahuna, I'm often helping with the music at St Paul's in Auckland. I'm originally from Wgtn but in Akld at the mo. In my past life (nearly 15 years ago) I played bass for a ska band called 4ManBob. Other musical highlights were doing a year at Wgtn jazz school (1999), going to Tawa College (plenty of musical opportunities during my youth), and appearing on the Gong Show at Avalon Studios in 1997.
Fender Jazz US Highway 1, Fender Jazz fretless MIM, EB Musicman Stingray, EB Musicman Stingray 5, Line6 effects, Ampeg SVT amplification

foal30
Gold Member
MySpace Page: myspace is owned by Lucifer himself
Bands / Groups: Pony Jones

Re: Heavens!

Post by foal30 » Sat May 10, 2014 5:38 pm

welcome aboard Tim

IIRC 4ManBob where a Chch band hooked up with the 7thDA on Manchester music group. Going back a few years now!
Slave to the Rhythm Changes

john
Gold Member

Post by john » Sat May 10, 2014 7:51 pm

Hi Tim.

I must say Giddy up has a very impressive video :D

manofthematch
Bronze Member
Bands / Groups: Tahuna Breaks

Post by manofthematch » Sat May 10, 2014 11:03 pm

Hi Foal - yeah they were closely linked with City Apostolic church. Mainly because at the time the frontman (Nolan) and the drummer (Chris) were teaching there.

Haha John, yeah Giddy Up is probably one video I'd never show my future children.
Fender Jazz US Highway 1, Fender Jazz fretless MIM, EB Musicman Stingray, EB Musicman Stingray 5, Line6 effects, Ampeg SVT amplification