Hey!

Welcome, Introduce yourself! Have any comments or ideas? It's your site, what do you want to see?
J-Funk

Hey!

Post by J-Funk » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:53 pm

Hey fellow bass folk :) great to be here. Looks like an awesome place. Reckon I'm going to be more of a reader than a talker - time permitting :) but really glad to have found this forum.

J
Pedalshack: bringing the world's best boutique and handmade effects pedals to NZ musicians at the lowest prices possible.

http://www.facebook.com/pedalshack

foal30
Gold Member
MySpace Page: myspace is owned by Lucifer himself
Bands / Groups: Pony Jones

Re: Hey!

Post by foal30 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:32 pm

Welcome aboard.

Bands, sessions, influences, gear will be required at some point :D
Slave to the Rhythm Changes

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.
Butt Scratch (Bus Crash) originals band.

Post by pins » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:19 pm

Hi :D
welcome and read away, but please do tell us more,talking about bass is good for the soul :wink:

manofthematch
Bronze Member
Bands / Groups: Tahuna Breaks

Post by manofthematch » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:18 pm

I already like J-funk because he / she has funk in their name and funk is bass. =^D
Fender Jazz US Highway 1, Fender Jazz fretless MIM, EB Musicman Stingray, EB Musicman Stingray 5, Line6 effects, Ampeg SVT amplification

J-Funk

Post by J-Funk » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:03 am

Funk is bass alright :) Although, TBH, the band I'm in right now I'm playing guitar!!! The bass player kicks my bass ass.

So musician influences: bass wise - the like of Jamerson, Bootsy Collins, Bernard Edwards, Rocco and of course Flea. Guitar wise, their pals, Nile Rodgers, Jimmy Nolan, Leo Nocentalli and of course, Jimi Hendrix.

Band: in an originals funk, soul, R&B band, on guitar and loving it. Though I miss playing bass.

Music I'm loving at the moment would mainly include the likes of The Bamboos, The Sweet Vandals, Lefties Funk Connection, Cookin on Three Burners, New Mastersounds and Noora Noor.

:D
Pedalshack: bringing the world's best boutique and handmade effects pedals to NZ musicians at the lowest prices possible.

manofthematch
Bronze Member
Bands / Groups: Tahuna Breaks

Post by manofthematch » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:34 am

What's the name of your originals band?
Fender Jazz US Highway 1, Fender Jazz fretless MIM, EB Musicman Stingray, EB Musicman Stingray 5, Line6 effects, Ampeg SVT amplification

J-Funk

Post by J-Funk » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:58 pm

manofthematch wrote:What's the name of your originals band?
Vinylbiscuit

www.facebook.com/vinylbiscuit