Straps that go over both sholders

Forum to discuss all other general bass accessories.
model.citizen
Gold Member
MySpace Page: www.myspace.com/elbajotheband
Skype Address: model.citizen
Bands / Groups: el bajo

Re: foal = knackers yard

Post by model.citizen » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:22 am

have you thought about a sheepskin pad on the underside of the strap?

it's amazing how much comfort something like that gives you, even though it's not technically taking any load off of your shoulders/back.

must say i'm lucky that i've never had any issues with comfort/weight when playing.

the only thing i find i do need is a strap with a rough/leather backing to stop my neck-heavy basses from diving when i let go of the neck.
i like rickenbackers. and fridges.

http://www.facebook.com/elbajotheband

foal30
Gold Member
MySpace Page: myspace is owned by Lucifer himself
Bands / Groups: Pony Jones

Post by foal30 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:51 pm

heh I'm Vegan :)
but yeah it's more the load than comfort

the slider strap in principle is good for distributing the weight
I'm just a Nana and don't want my "flow" messed with.

ryla
Gold Member

Post by ryla » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:01 pm

jack bruce discreetly used a 'perching stool' on the cream reunion at thr royal albert - when i was on chemo last year, towards the end of the night i just sat (perched actually) on my 4x10 and the guys in the band just thought i was being'cool' - the crowd wont know ,or if they do register, it does look cool.

Crazykiwi
Gold Member

Post by Crazykiwi » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:46 am

Re: the Musicians Friend/Music 1-2-3, many US based manufacturers have policies of not allowing their US distributors to export products overseas. The reason is that the products are priced higher overseas to take into account the overheads and profit margins of the distributor in the overseas country. If the US based manufacturers allowed overseas customers to import from the US, effectively it could lead to the collapse of the distribution network.

Anti-competitive? Definitely. So you'll never find anyone actually admitting that this goes on, they'll just say 'it's policy' or something similar. However, here in NZ you could always look for someone to bodge you something together I guess and it might even be cheaper still. Alternatively, there's always Ebay which is a good place for sellers eager to just maintain turnover.
Stuff: Shuker Headless MIDI 6, Spector NS5CRFM, Self-built 5 string semi hollow headless, Status Series 1 5 string, Pedulla Pentabuzz, Alembic Series 1 graphite, '78 Musicman Stingray, Genz Benz Shuttles, Trace Hexavalve and fEARless F112 cabs

model.citizen
Gold Member
MySpace Page: www.myspace.com/elbajotheband
Skype Address: model.citizen
Bands / Groups: el bajo

Post by model.citizen » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:50 am

just gotta find the right retailer in the states.

i've bought a bit in the past that "shouldn't have been exported", but "decent" stores (ie those who are musicians first, retailers second) will often overlook those rules to give musos what they need. and if you explain the cost of the item if it were to be purchased down here, they often sympathise and help out.

these days i just get anything i need/want sent to a mate in the US, who comes over on a semi-regular basis.
i like rickenbackers. and fridges.

http://www.facebook.com/elbajotheband

ryla
Gold Member

Post by ryla » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:42 pm

Harness straps huh? - mmmmmm. :oops:

Crazykiwi
Gold Member

Post by Crazykiwi » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:47 pm

model.citizen wrote:just gotta find the right retailer in the states...

...these days i just get anything i need/want sent to a mate in the US, who comes over on a semi-regular basis.
I reckon thats the way forward :-) I've done pretty much the same thing myself as well. Its particularly annoying when so much of this kit is made in China anyway.
Stuff: Shuker Headless MIDI 6, Spector NS5CRFM, Self-built 5 string semi hollow headless, Status Series 1 5 string, Pedulla Pentabuzz, Alembic Series 1 graphite, '78 Musicman Stingray, Genz Benz Shuttles, Trace Hexavalve and fEARless F112 cabs