WIRELESS SYSTEMS

Forum to discuss all other general bass accessories.
beagle
Site Admin
Skype Address: steve_sussex
Bands / Groups: Bands: The Bravos, Black Dog, Los Diablos, Rebel without Applause, The Buskers

Re: WIRELESS SYSTEMS

Post by beagle » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:39 pm

bugger! I expect you'll get your $25 back tho
Musicman Sterling, Fender Jazz, Cort SJB-3 Acoustic, GK 800RB, 400RB, 2x Neo112-II, 410T http://stevesussex.bassplayer.co.nz
Sussex Design http://www.sussexdesign.co.nz

Jake
Silver Member

Post by Jake » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:23 pm

I'm sure I will! And a guitar player will get a bargain in the process I'm sure
"The trouble with you is that you have more money than sense. And you're broke"

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.
Butt Scratch (Bus Crash) originals band.

Post by pins » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:30 pm

I had and actually still have an old single channel Nady but the circuit board cracked.It did serve me well for at least 5+ years though.

Done a load of gigs so far with my Line 6 G50 at many different venues,never moved from channel one (default) and had not one single problem.
2 alkaline AA battery's last on average 2-3 gigs and I'm happy enough with that, and nice to get out front and listen to how crap I sound if I need some sorrow.

Jake
Silver Member

Post by Jake » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:39 pm

I definitely see the appeal for them. In all honesty I'll probably end up buying a good one a few years down the track

Widownz

Post by Widownz » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:31 am

Hey All
I used the AKG 140 as well for a little bit but wasn't pleased with it at all was getting too much tone loss so sold it a little while ago.
I just went back too my cable again but keep on thinking about wireless units especially the line6 units just means I can go and hang out with the guitarist and singer and stalk them :twisted:
What are your guy's thoughts on them.

Jake
Silver Member

Post by Jake » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:19 pm

Well I just sold that Nady for $140, guess I can buy a few cables now :D

manofthematch
Bronze Member
Bands / Groups: Tahuna Breaks

Post by manofthematch » Sat May 10, 2014 8:00 am

I remember yarning with an old mate (Murdoch) a few years ago and he mentioned that Tere from Katchafire tried out wireless but just lost heaps of bottom end out of his sound.

Has anyone else found your bass sound is less meaty when using wireless?
Fender Jazz US Highway 1, Fender Jazz fretless MIM, EB Musicman Stingray, EB Musicman Stingray 5, Line6 effects, Ampeg SVT amplification

manofthematch
Bronze Member

Post by manofthematch » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:10 am

Gee, I'm not sure how many wireless systems are out there but had the good folk at BPNZ seen this news?
http://www.delta-audio.co.nz/resources/ ... ochure.pdf

To be honest, I'm unsure how authorities could possibly monitor / police / crackdown on if you're using wireless systems. Anyways, something to be aware of.
Fender Jazz US Highway 1, Fender Jazz fretless MIM, EB Musicman Stingray, EB Musicman Stingray 5, Line6 effects, Ampeg SVT amplification

cjj
Bronze Member

Post by cjj » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:05 pm

manofthematch wrote:Gee, I'm not sure how many wireless systems are out there but had the good folk at BPNZ seen this news?
http://www.delta-audio.co.nz/resources/ ... ochure.pdf

To be honest, I'm unsure how authorities could possibly monitor / police / crackdown on if you're using wireless systems. Anyways, something to be aware of.
The authorities can do this very easily. Since it's an issue with cell communications/data, the cell towers themselves log the interference and report it automatically. Then someone comes out to the cell area with a portable spectrum analyzer/directional antenna and they figure out where the interfering transmitter is located.

If you don't stay on too long and move around a lot, they probably won't find you, but if you frequent the same locations, they may eventually locate you.

I actually had this happen to me a month or so ago. I was using a US made wireless headset. I had no idea it operated on different frequencies than the same models sold here in NZ. Turns out it was on one of the cell freq's here. I didn't use it all the time, so it wasn't on often, but after a few uses, a guy from Downer showed up looking for it.

They just told me to shut it off and never use it again....

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.
Butt Scratch (Bus Crash) originals band.

Post by pins » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:22 pm

Jeeze talk about Big Brother listening in....

I guess my Line 6 wont be affected as it's using a GHz channel ?
I don't understand all the gibberish...nothing is ever in simple English these days.

cjj
Bronze Member

Post by cjj » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:59 pm

pins wrote:Jeeze talk about Big Brother listening in....

I guess my Line 6 wont be affected as it's using a GHz channel ?
I don't understand all the gibberish...nothing is ever in simple English these days.
It completely depends on what frequencies. Your Line-6 won't be affected by the new rules since it's in a different band. It should be OK as long as it's in a proper band for NZ (if you bought it here, it probably is). My headset (DECT 6.0) ran in 1.9GHz, which is cell here, NZ DECT 6.0 is 1.8GHz...

manofthematch
Bronze Member

Post by manofthematch » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:22 am

Presumably there may be some wireless systems coming into TradeMe (as people look to flog off their wireless systems which are soon to be non-compliant) so the moral of this story would be to check how that wireless relay /microphone / other device stacks up against the new regulations before you buy.