WIRELESS SYSTEMS

Forum to discuss all other general bass accessories.
nzsimon
Silver Member

Re: WIRELESS SYSTEMS

Post by nzsimon » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:19 pm

As already posted it is very important to check the frequency response the AT 2000 series goes down to 100HZ the 3000/ 4000 and 5000 series to 70Hz
believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see J.R.R Tolkien
Director of Jansen http://www.jansen.co.nz

Pstewart
Silver Member
Bands / Groups: Pach'amama - Dub/Soul/Funk/Hip-Hop
The Stray Dogs - Alternative/Funk/Rock
Steele/Bringzen/Stewart/Wratt (C.B.SIMBa) - Jazz~
The Projects - Funk/Soul/Covers

Post by Pstewart » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:02 pm

What do those of you who do use wireless do with effects?
Is it Bass->wireless->effects->amp or
Bass->effects->wireless->amp?
"A good bass is like having your guts massaged from the inside."

timi
Gold Member

Post by timi » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:06 pm

I used to have the receiver on my pedalboard, so bass - wireless - fx - amp - mic.

Seems silly to go bass - fx- wireless...

Sunjae
Bronze Member
Bands / Groups: I have been in 1 band called lawbreaker: www.bebo.com/aaron-jason-chris
But now the band has kinda fallen apart so i am available for other stuff.

Wireless Systems

Post by Sunjae » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:57 pm

I saw in a video, a band was performing but their guitars didn't have any cords attached. Do they use some sort of wireless system, can someone help me on this one?
Ibanez SRX300, Ampeg SVT-810E, Kustom Deep End Series 200HD, My custom pedal board and all of my awsome pedals!

timi
Gold Member

Re: i need assistance

Post by timi » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:12 pm

Yep that's a wireless kit, decent ones start around $600.

I've noticed you have a lot of questions about nearly every aspect of bass gear. I thought I would give you my opinion which I hope you consider because in the long run you will be better off 8)

Stop worrying about pedals and wireless kits until you have a bass and amp you are really happy with. I know they are tempting because they are "cheap" in comparison, but they just stop you from getting a better bass or amp sooner.

You can get a decent Fender copy for $400, but you can't get an Ampeg/GK/SWR/whatever copy for $400. Good amps just cost a lot of money. You will probably need around 300 watts (or 100 watts if you get a tube amp) through a 4x10 (or a less common a 2x12).

Last thing, buy used if you can. You will save money and the gear will keep its resale value if you look after it. This means you can upgrade and not lose money, plus you are young and you will probably change your mind about your gear at some point in the next few years.

Sunjae
Bronze Member
Bands / Groups: I have been in 1 band called lawbreaker: www.bebo.com/aaron-jason-chris
But now the band has kinda fallen apart so i am available for other stuff.

Post by Sunjae » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:12 pm

whats the difference between a tube amp and a solid state?
Ibanez SRX300, Ampeg SVT-810E, Kustom Deep End Series 200HD, My custom pedal board and all of my awsome pedals!

timi
Gold Member

Post by timi » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:35 pm

About 20kg and a few thousand dollars. :lol:

Have a read of this, should explain it all. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bass_instr ... lification

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.
Butt Scratch (Bus Crash) originals band.

Post by pins » Mon May 14, 2012 8:54 pm

Dragging up an old thread for good reason,is anyone using one atm ?,or has any recommendations from personal experience ?

Had a wireless years ago,still got it actually but its kaput,an old Nady single channel system,but want one again,and technology must have advanced ? (along with the price) any help appreciated.

john
Gold Member

Post by john » Mon May 14, 2012 9:23 pm

Nev has a line 6 wireless I think.

joppo

Post by joppo » Mon May 14, 2012 10:18 pm

john wrote:Nev has a line 6 wireless I think.
Yep - even wrote a review (http://www.bassplayer.co.nz/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1847). I really like it. If I had to critise, I wouldn't want to give it too many hard knocks, and the clip it has on it slides off the strap pretty easily. I used a bit of velcro and a wrist band to make a more secure fastener (Photos in the post).

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.
Butt Scratch (Bus Crash) originals band.

Post by pins » Tue May 15, 2012 12:18 pm

Ah thanks for the heads up,cool ,I was seriously looking at the Line 6 G50,you have helped me a lot. :D
At least i can justify the spend on a wireless to the Colonel easier than yet another Bass. :lol:

Jake
Silver Member

Post by Jake » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:18 pm

Zombie thread I know, but just gonna say I picked up a Nady wireless system off trademe for $25. Mounted it in the rack and am so far pretty damn pleased with it! :D
"The trouble with you is that you have more money than sense. And you're broke"

beagle
Site Admin
Skype Address: steve_sussex
Bands / Groups: Bands: The Bravos, Black Dog, Los Diablos, Rebel without Applause, The Buskers

Post by beagle » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:18 pm

$25? Well that sounds like a bargain! Nice going 8)
Musicman Sterling, Fender Jazz, Cort SJB-3 Acoustic, GK 800RB, 400RB, 2x Neo112-II, 410T http://stevesussex.bassplayer.co.nz
Sussex Design http://www.sussexdesign.co.nz

martyforrer
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Borderline.... country rock
Blues Deluxe... jazz/blues/jump
Cabin Fevre..... Americana
Marty's Juke Joint.... 40s & 50s boogie woogie, rock n roll, jump blues.

Post by martyforrer » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:54 pm

When I was playing rockabilly and climbing up on bars and tables, running around in the street and other such foolishness with the double bass, I used an AKG WS140 bug system. The transmitter is tiny, holds an AAA battery which lasts for two gigs, and it just sits in the jack socket on your axe. I never got dropout, even down the road outside the venue, and the tone quality was reasonably good. Not as good as a cable, but just needing a little tweak of the eq. I know this is a zombie thread, but thought the info might be of use to someone.

Jake
Silver Member

Post by Jake » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:24 pm

So after plenty of tweaking and adjusting I've found that the Nady system invariably distorts when playing anything below a B1. Guess that'll have to go up on trademe and I'll use the money to buy another lead :P
"The trouble with you is that you have more money than sense. And you're broke"