Bingo! BFM Jack 112

Gear Reviews by Forum Members. Got a great piece of gear? Tell us about it!
Fenderfan
Silver Member
MySpace Page: myspace.com/snowblindnz
Bands / Groups: Snowblind

Bingo! BFM Jack 112

Post by Fenderfan » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:56 pm

......And yes I have finally found what I've been looking for. Harley introduced me to the world of BFM cabs and the Jacks in particular, and after I played them, the benchmark was set.
Now I've finally completed my own build of two Jack 112's, I'm happy.
I had one with woofer only(Eminence 2512), and the other with a melded array switchable on/half/off. Tonight I took the cab with array to band practice(only one speakon cable for now). It was awesome. While I was dialling in different sounds and settings with the eq, I was surprised just how responsive it was. It must be a very efficient design, as my volume setting was half of what I had it on for my previous generic cab. Looking forward to getting another cable this weekend, and taking both to practice next week. Will update again after then, but so far, one happy camper.
Harley's our own go-to guy here on BPNZ for all things BFM if you want a nice quality build, that sounds pretty epic to boot. Definitely worth it. :D
Fender MIA Precision, Squier Jazz, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0, Ashdown ABM 1x15, 2 x DIY Jack 112 now complete!

Fenderfan
Silver Member
MySpace Page: myspace.com/snowblindnz
Bands / Groups: Snowblind

Re: Bingo! BFM Jack 112

Post by Fenderfan » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:33 pm

Finally tonight for practice I had the two cabs after buying an extra lead last weekend. My drummer was grinning just as much as me, and even got positive comments from the guitarist. The rest of the band are just surprised how clear the jacks are, and a full range covered too. Adding the extra cab gives that bit more in the low end, and damn, these cabs are definitely gonna make an honest player out of me! Btw, with my previous cab, a single 15, my amp was set at about 5.5 out of 10 volume wise, tonight, just sat at about 2.5. Efficiency anyone?
Fender MIA Precision, Squier Jazz, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0, Ashdown ABM 1x15, 2 x DIY Jack 112 now complete!

john
Gold Member

Re: Bingo! BFM Jack 112

Post by john » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:50 pm

Nice review. I am intrigued to try some for sure but I do not need the gas right now :mrgreen: