Whats the favourite gig....

Anything not specifically related to Bass
martyforrer
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Borderline.... country rock
Blues Deluxe... jazz/blues/jump
Cabin Fevre..... Americana
Marty's Juke Joint.... 40s & 50s boogie woogie, rock n roll, jump blues.

Re: Whats the favourite gig....

Post by martyforrer » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:09 pm

Now THAT'S funny!

joppo

Post by joppo » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:32 pm

Yep. I have this aweful mental image of Harley cracking a huge smile with all sorts of dirt on his teeth :lol:

martyforrer
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Borderline.... country rock
Blues Deluxe... jazz/blues/jump
Cabin Fevre..... Americana
Marty's Juke Joint.... 40s & 50s boogie woogie, rock n roll, jump blues.

Post by martyforrer » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:45 pm

I played a nice gig yesterday, an outdoor concert in a park in Hastings with around 2500 people there. Big shady trees, blue skies, warm, good sound, coffee stall right next to the stage wafting the smell of roast coffee beans my way, playing my favourite Emmylou Harris songs..... life is good. :mrgreen:

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.
Butt Scratch (Bus Crash) originals band.

Post by pins » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:03 pm

Smell of coffee ? I would have prefered the beer tent next to the stage marty !

A most memorable gig was an all expenses paid trip to Vanuatu for our band and families a few years ago for 5days/4 nights.
stayed at an awesome resort,and lived like a king for the first time in my life even if it was only for a few days.
the gig was for a couple re-exchanging wedding vows,really neat people too ! to around 50 people and lasted a couple of hours max.
and to be able to take along the missus and my 3 boys overseas for no cost was fantastic,a trip never to be forgotten.

Pablo Basso
Bronze Member
Bands / Groups: Not active

Post by Pablo Basso » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:52 pm

And I was happy with Steak and Chips at some pub in Whakatane. Then the strippers turned up and I was REALLY happy.
1979 Kramer 250B, 1981 Kramer DMZ5000, 1978 HH Electronics VS Bassamp Combo, 1985 Jansen Crusader 220 Magnum head, Jansen SR450T poweramp, 2x TL606 cabs with Electrovoice EVM15L.

Harley
Gold Member

Post by Harley » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:12 am

Pablo Basso wrote:And I was happy with Steak and Chips at some pub in Whakatane. Then the strippers turned up and I was REALLY happy.
I haven't seen strippers for decades, but the ones I did see in my bent youth were enough to put me off my Steak and Chips :oops:
Retired authorised builder of Bill Fitzmaurice Design Speaker cabs for New Zealand - http://www.billfitzmaurice.info

manofthematch
Bronze Member
Bands / Groups: Tahuna Breaks

Post by manofthematch » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:02 pm

Well it's not memorable yet but I'm hoping it's about to be. On Wednesday we head over to UK to do a crazy 3 week junket to play in London, Glastonbury (yes, the Glastonbury music festival), Belgium, and the Montreux Jazz Festival. I'm especially hoping that Glasto and Montreux will become my memorable gigs.

Of the ones Tahuna have done, I did especially enjoy Rhythm and Alps December 31st 2013. We had Mainstage slot just before midnight. Was prime time really and we played a killer set.

beagle
Site Admin
Skype Address: steve_sussex
Bands / Groups: Bands: The Bravos, Black Dog, Los Diablos, Rebel without Applause, The Buskers

Post by beagle » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:39 am

manofthematch wrote:Well it's not memorable yet but I'm hoping it's about to be. On Wednesday we head over to UK to do a crazy 3 week junket to play in London, Glastonbury (yes, the Glastonbury music festival), Belgium, and the Montreux Jazz Festival. I'm especially hoping that Glasto and Montreux will become my memorable gigs.
Hey congrats, that sounds fantastic. Good luck!
Musicman Sterling, Fender Jazz, Cort SJB-3 Acoustic, GK 800RB, 400RB, 2x Neo112-II, 410T http://stevesussex.bassplayer.co.nz
Sussex Design http://www.sussexdesign.co.nz