Do your kids play?

Anything not specifically related to Bass
joppo

Re: Do your kids play?

Post by joppo » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:11 pm

So he's got his dad's ear and feel for music does he Steve? It's hard to beat jamming with your kids.

beagle
Site Admin
Skype Address: steve_sussex
Bands / Groups: Bands: The Bravos, Black Dog, Los Diablos, Rebel without Applause, The Buskers

Post by beagle » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:38 am

I think he has more natural ability than I did and he's getting an earlier start.
Also at 9 he seems to be fearless about playing in-front his school or anyone else.... I was a much more nervous sweaty palmed kid when I did that at 13.
Yeah jamming with yr kid is pretty special. It's another very exciting aspect to music. I was the only musical one in my family growing up so it's a new experience.
The novelty of having a drummer who does what's he's told is pretty neat too! ;-)
pins, you're v lucky to have at least two out of three into music. Having one play with your band must of been a great feeling.
I have four kids, with the oldest being this 9 yr old so it's a bit early to say how the rest will go but I'm pretty sure the youngest has something going on.
Musicman Sterling, Fender Jazz, Cort SJB-3 Acoustic, GK 800RB, 400RB, 2x Neo112-II, 410T http://stevesussex.bassplayer.co.nz
Sussex Design http://www.sussexdesign.co.nz

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.
Butt Scratch (Bus Crash) originals band.

Post by pins » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:23 am

beagle wrote: I was the only musical one in my family growing up so it's a new experience.
Me too,that also included all my relatives as well,my mother was totally shocked to learn I could play an instrument.
And yes gigging with siblings is the most awesome feeling,ear to ear grin.