Anything recording, Mic / DI or PA related ... gear, techniques, studios, demos
model.citizen
Gold Member
MySpace Page: www.myspace.com/elbajotheband
Skype Address: model.citizen
Bands / Groups: el bajo

Re: microphone

Post by model.citizen » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:42 pm

for live use you really want to look at build quality over signal quality, since they're likely to be kinked, squashed, pinched, spilt on, yanked, tripped over, wrapped around one's neck, even bitten. that being said, the two qualities generally go hand-in-hand.

i've used Planet Waves and lotsa Proel cables in my time, they work really well. Simon @ Jansen might be able to sort you a good price for a "bulk" order of Proel cables?

other option is to buy decent mic cable and Neutrik connectors from somewhere like Surplustronics or Jaycar and make 'em yourself.
i like rickenbackers. and fridges.

http://www.facebook.com/elbajotheband

timi
Gold Member

Post by timi » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:08 pm

Good cable with Neutrik or similar quality connectors. The better Proel stuff (from Jansen) or Proco (from Oceania) would be my pick, or make some yourself.

Never owned a Planet Waves product but based on the experiences lots of my friends have had with that brand I would stay away.

model.citizen
Gold Member
MySpace Page: www.myspace.com/elbajotheband
Skype Address: model.citizen
Bands / Groups: el bajo

Post by model.citizen » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:40 pm

i was talking about their decent stuff. yeah, some of their cheaper line is a bit..."ish"...

i forget about proco. got two proco leads myself, one being the first lead i ever bought (along with my first ever pedal, a Rat 2...well, it came free along with a t-shirt). rugged as, still using it today.
i like rickenbackers. and fridges.

http://www.facebook.com/elbajotheband