Video recording / editing

Anything recording, Mic / DI or PA related ... gear, techniques, studios, demos
Mr Bass Man
Silver Member
Bands / Groups: splt-second top Auckland covers band

Video recording / editing

Post by Mr Bass Man » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:13 am

My band were talking at last weekends gig and we’ve decided we need to get some video footage of the band to upload on to the band website.

The 2 options we are looking at are:-
1) Getting someone in to do the whole thing – take the video footage, format / edit it so it can be uploaded…etc… or
2) Use a handy cam (or similar) to take the footage ourselves, then get someone to format / edit it into about 5-6 x 20-30 second clips that we can get uploaded to the website

So does anyone know someone in the Auckland area who can do this?

Thanks in advance
"We became rich a lot later than I thought - now I'm too old to enjoy my money" - John 'Thunderfingers' Entwhistle

ryla
Gold Member

Re: Video recording / editing

Post by ryla » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:03 pm

Hear Hear - I would like to know as well - 'Anyone?"

timi
Gold Member

Post by timi » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:51 am

I've got some friends who can do this. They're video guys so the most they could probably do in terms of audio is take a feed from the desk, ideally you'd want to take splits from the snake for full control later.

What sort of quality are you after and what sort of budget?

Mr Bass Man
Silver Member
Bands / Groups: splt-second top Auckland covers band

Post by Mr Bass Man » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:33 pm

well the band would want absolute top quality at a Rock Bottom price... LOL!

The quality just needs to be pretty good - nothing to flash... All we really want to do is create a montage of about 5-6 songs - say 20-30 seconds of each song all rolled into a 4-5 minute clip we can upload to you tube and / or to the bands website

In my old band in Chch we recorded it ourselves - just had a sony handycam on a tripod and recorded using the camera's mic and it actually sounded pretty good mix wise. Only problem was it created 4 files that were over 1 gig each and I managed to cut them into individual tracks, but each track was 160MB + and I couldn't reduce the file size without compromising the quality...

if you know someone that can do this that I could get in touch with that would be great!
"We became rich a lot later than I thought - now I'm too old to enjoy my money" - John 'Thunderfingers' Entwhistle

timi
Gold Member

Post by timi » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:13 am

So it sounds like you don't want to pay a professional. Perhaps see if you can find some students at South Seas or a similar film/video course who want some experience and beer money.