Looking for Wellington teacher

If you're a music teacher, or you know a teacher you recommend then please let everyone know about them.
no strings

Looking for Wellington teacher

Post by no strings » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:36 pm

So, as the title suggests I'm completely new to the bass world, dont own a bass (thus the user name) , never touched a bass, BUT always had the desire to learn bass guitar. So I though it must be time to turn that fascination into reality.

I'm well into my adult years and living in Wellington. I guess my first port of call should be a )find a bass teaxher and b ) get a bass guitar and the required accessories.

so it is here I have come for help....

recommended tutors/teachers in Wellington, please come forth with any suggestions and extra knowledge you may have about them, eg how much they are , how long lessons are, where they are etc .

Look forward to hearing back from you guys.

So far I have been offered the following names to try and locate , Steve Moodie, Alan Tarrant and Daniel Simpson Beck

Re: Looking for Wellington teacher

Post by simpsonbeck » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:33 am

Hi there,

I'm one of the tutors you mentioned - Daniel Simpson Beck.

I charge $50 per lesson and each lesson is one hour long, once a week.

My teaching studio is located in Hataitai, about a minutes walk from the Hataitai Village shops and bus stops for routes 2, 14, 5 and 91.

I've been teaching for about 5 years and playing bass for about 18 years.

If you want to have a chat about lessons give me a call on 970 1185 or 027 380 4880. Or you could flick me an email to dsimpsonbeck@gmail.com

You can also find more info at http://www.basshacks.com

As for the other tutors you mentioned, I don't know Alan Tarrant, but I know of Steve Moodie. He plays for The Thomas Oliver band and is an excellent player. I haven't experienced his lessons, but he does teach double bass as well as electric bass. I don't teach double bass, so if that interests you, he may be your man :-)

Hope this helps, and good luck!