Peavey T45 Custom Paint colour help ?

For anything related to customising basses. Tuners, Bridges, Pickups
irvinz
Gold Member

Re: Peavey T45 Custom Paint colour help ?

Post by irvinz » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:43 am

yeah. and if you don't like it :) :mrgreen:
ex- Music Planet Queen Street Resident Bass expert wannabe

now residing at vinzmusic.com

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.
Butt Scratch (Bus Crash) originals band.

Post by pins » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:02 am

irvinz wrote:yeah. and if you don't like it :) :mrgreen:
Thats always a gamble when buying stuff untried via the internet :? ,if its all sounds poos then the Peavey will end up back where it came from..........TardMe :mrgreen: :lol:

sonicfantom
Silver Member
Bands / Groups: Church band (Bassist & backup-backup guitarist).

Post by sonicfantom » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:31 pm

What goes around, comes around...

And around...

And around...
A-boom boom boom boom!

Kalel
Bronze Member
Bands / Groups: Head of Production and nubie bass player for the House of Breakthrough Tairawhiti

Post by Kalel » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:40 am

Chris wrote:Yahoo !!!!! ,saw my painter friend at a gig tonight and he said my Peavey is painted,all finished ! and I will see it on Monday !!!!

He has had it since May,so you can see why I'm excited,and I haven't even played the darn thing since I bought it.

Will post up some pics Monday... :D :D
Did you put some pix up Chris?

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.

Post by pins » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:35 pm

No not yet sorry I was so excited to get it back and so hanging out to play it I took it straight to JR Guitars for reassembly and setting up as it had some issues when I got it.
As soon as I have it in my hot little hands all complete the pix will follow :)

pins
Gold Member

Post by pins » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:27 pm

Update,I am posting some pics in the "Show your Bass" thread,
I have to admit I am really disappointed in the paint job,wrong blue,not enough silver flake in the paint or next to none.
There are tons of blemishes in the finish with bits of thread and cracks under the paint,poor prep, he was real sheepish when he dropped it off and no price mentioned after waiting months,a fair price considering the result and time taken = free.

On the plus side I had it dropped off all complete on Thurs,had a gig that night and thought why not use it.

This thing kicks butt ! The only way to describe the sound is that it "honks" ! Quite a distinctive sound and I really like it.
I was amazed at the neck,it is actually a lot nicer than my MIA Jazz,heaps in fact,its just silky smooth(hate to admit that).
I had to crank everything down on the amp,esp bass,that big pickup sure has some output.
During the break I was going to go back to the Jazz but the guitarist and drummer said it sounded wicked,so I played the last set with it too.Its pretty darn heavy,tell you that !
Totally Stoked !!! with the Bass but not the paint.

ash
Bronze Member

Post by ash » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:23 pm

Chris wrote: I have to admit I am really disappointed in the paint job,wrong blue,not enough silver flake in the paint or next to none.
There are tons of blemishes in the finish with bits of thread and cracks under the paint,poor prep, he was real sheepish when he dropped it off and no price mentioned after waiting months,a fair price considering the result and time taken = free.
Unfortunatley that's a pretty common story. Panelbeaters should stay the hell away from guitars or anything wooden. I've had to fix or re-do quite a few paint jobs done by "expert mates".

On the other hand, it is extremely difficult to get metallic finishes blemish free, colour matching on small things like guitar bodies is much harder than on big things like houses and cars, and I take my sweet time to paint a guitar myself, because real lacquer sprayed thin over wood demands it.

pins
Gold Member

Post by pins » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:14 pm

I do agree ash and I dont want to knock me mate too much :lol: I can see when I show him the original bass I choose the colour from he will crack up :)
He is a great panel beater/painter and doesnt profess to be pro painter by any means,take my above post tongue n cheek as my expectations were always only ever hopeful of what I wanted. 8) I couldnt have done any better :P
My other mate JR Guitars http://jrguitars.co.nz/ did offer to paint it too but said it would be pricey in what I wanted so it was my own cheapskate decision to get the beater/painter to do it.
I still might start again as I can see I will use this Bass alot,has a great feel and unique sound :) all is not lost, watch this space :shock:

Kalel
Bronze Member
Bands / Groups: Head of Production and nubie bass player for the House of Breakthrough Tairawhiti

Post by Kalel » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:08 pm

Sorry to hear about the paint job... but at least it sounds good!!
...Sounds like I got lucky when a panel beater did mine, he seemed to know the ins and outs of painting wood and it all came out pefect... (and in under 2 weeks, hahaha)