Hipshot D-Tuner

For anything related to customising basses. Tuners, Bridges, Pickups
Cory
Bronze Member

Re: Hipshot D-Tuner

Post by Cory » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:42 pm

kninez wrote:Re Original topic question - I am also in the look out for a d-tune hipshot - ive rung the rock shop and they dont bring in ones for Fender BUT I see they are obtainable for about US $ 80 on a few US sites - do a goolge search. But Im not sure which fender model to get as there are various. So if anyone knows where in NZ to get them pls advise. I do covers and have several times had to get that lower D to get the right pitch for the orig song as the artist has also detuned - it is common. (try Foo Fighters Ëvermore") Pls advise if anyone does know where to purchase in NZ....... :?:
I am in the same boat playing covers. But I have a plan that I have been thinking about trying for a while. Tuning my Ibanez SR5 to DEADG.

For those of you who will most likely ask "Why not just play it on the B?"
BECAUSE I'M LAZY THATS WHY! 8)

manofthematch
Bronze Member
Bands / Groups: Tahuna Breaks

Re: Hipshot D-Tuner

Post by manofthematch » Sat May 10, 2014 7:37 am

I can certainly vouch for the Hipshot detainers as I have one on my MIM Fender jazz fretless and one on my 4 string EB Stingray.

I do have a 5string Stingray but to be honest my 4 goes with me on the road. And yeah it is pretty handy as we do a couple of songs where I use it.

I'm not privy to it damaging the bass neck... my necks are fine. They are pretty accurate and you do have a secondary screw which is adjustable for limiting the amount of travel the tuning peg does. Basically the tuning peg is attached to a swivel plate. Pretty cleaver really.
Fender Jazz US Highway 1, Fender Jazz fretless MIM, EB Musicman Stingray, EB Musicman Stingray 5, Line6 effects, Ampeg SVT amplification