My P bass.

For anything related to customising basses. Tuners, Bridges, Pickups
martyforrer
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Borderline.... country rock
Blues Deluxe... jazz/blues/jump
Cabin Fevre..... Americana
Marty's Juke Joint.... 40s & 50s boogie woogie, rock n roll, jump blues.

My P bass.

Post by martyforrer » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:58 am

I'm not going to take a pic, it's just a vintage white/tortoiseshell P bass, which we've all seen a million times. I've had all these bits except the pickup lying around, so decided to put it together.
Body: SX alder P in vintage white.
Neck: Nice no name rosewood with big frets, now sporting a 1964 Fender Precision decal. I levelled and dressed the frets and put a bevel on the board edge. Reshaped the nut.
Pickup: Aguilar.
Bridge: AllParts pre CBS replica.
Machineheads: AllParts elephant ears.
Electrics: CTS pots, Switchcraft socket, Orange Drop capacitor. AllParts knurled knobs.
Strings: Thomastik Infeld Jazz Flats.
Straplocks: Dunlop Flushmounts.

Plays and sounds as good as any bass I've ever owned, and better than most. I've had many USA and other Fenders, new and old, a couple of Stingrays,
a couple of high end Yamahas, a Wal, and various lesser lights, and the only one as good as this bass was a roadworn Jazz. There are no dead spots, the sound is absolutely even from bottom to top. I put a lot of credit on the Aguilar pickup, it's the best pickup I've ever had, and I've had SDs, Nordstrands, Fender Custom Shop, Bartolinis and Fralins. Gigged it the first time last weekend, and it's light, comfortable, and punches through the drummer no problem. This bass and my PJB rig ..... heaven!

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.
Butt Scratch (Bus Crash) originals band.

Re: My P bass.

Post by pins » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:18 pm

pfffffttt ! you know the rules marty no pic no bass....

bronzet
Silver Member

Post by bronzet » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:30 pm

Yeah, show us pictures of the bass lol. I never get bored seeing pictures of p-basses, especially older ones.
Fender Jazz 1968
Fender Precision 1972
Musicman Stingray 1978
Peavey T40 1983
MIT Yamaha Attitude LTD 1 1990
Wal Mk2 1993
MIK Fender Jazz Deluxe 2005
MIK Yamaha RBXJM2 2005
MIK Fender Jazz Deluxe V 2008
Rickenbacker 4003 2015
+others

john
Gold Member

Post by john » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:44 pm

Yeah, WTF! No pics/no bass!

What are elephant ear tuners, are the similar to clover leaf tuners?

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.
Butt Scratch (Bus Crash) originals band.

Post by pins » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:31 am

all I hear is elephant ear :lol: , replica,vintage,white,lying around,put together,all parts,flush mount, SX,CBS,CTS,big,sporting,..............nice ,t's just !!!!,............we've all seen a million times.....plays......sounds......good.....any bass.........better.......than.....most......
plus the nancy "I'm not going to take a pic "..... :lol:
I could go on and on and on but it's 2am,the gig was fun,tequilas did what they do...plus the colonel will be nice and warm when I hit the sack,...and there is still nothing to see here marty.... nothing ! :P