Various bass pickups

For BassPlayer.co.nz sponsoring businesses to advertise anything music related. New products, specials etc. Only businesses can start topics here.
ash
Bronze Member

Various bass pickups

Post by ash » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:53 pm

I have a little collection of nice bass pickups for projects that aren't likely to be ready any time soon, so the fine people of BassPlayerNZ (and NZG) get to have first pick of them. These are all brand new, unused stock although some have been opened to measure impedance. Prices for BassPlayer and NZG members only, full retail prices in brackets.

EMG 35HZ 4-string passive bass humbucker soapbars, black $200 a pair (retail $149 each)
DiMarzio DP549 Ultra Jazz 5-string noiseless set, black covers $200 a pair (retail $220 a pair)
DiMarzio DP122 Model P 4-string noiseless, black covers $100 (retail $119)
DiMarzio DP123 Model J 4-string noiseless, bridge, black cover $100 (normally comes as a pair, this one is solo to go with the Model P in a P/J setup)
Seymour Duncan STC-2a two-band active preamp $150 (retail $179)

and the big kahuna:

Nordstrand NPJ4SE set: An NP4 P-bass pickup and an NJ4SE noiseless J-bass bridge pickup for the sweetest P/J passive, noiseless pair you can imagine. $395 a pair (retail $460)

Contact me by PM or email (ash @ ashcustomworks . com)
I can get anything you need from DiMarzio, Seymour Duncan, Rio Grande, Bareknuckle, Suhr, Nordstrand, Audere and do Ash custom wound pickups too.

model.citizen
Gold Member
MySpace Page: www.myspace.com/elbajotheband
Skype Address: model.citizen
Bands / Groups: el bajo

Re: Various bass pickups

Post by model.citizen » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:12 pm

Ash, are you able to rewind pickups back to original (or near) spec?

I've got the treble pickup from a Ric that went dead (output about 1/10th of normal), so i've slapped a J pickup in there in the meantime. But it really should have it's hi-gain.

What's a ballpark figure for a rewind/repair?
i like rickenbackers. and fridges.

http://www.facebook.com/elbajotheband

ash
Bronze Member

Re: Various bass pickups

Post by ash » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:56 pm

I can certainly rewind pickups. How close to original spec I can get it depends on the availability of information about the given pickup and how fussy the ears of the owner are :wink:

The horsey pickup should be no problem. The 1/10 output problem sounds like a cracked coil wire, which is rewind territory for sure. Highs can still make it across the crack (like a capacitor) but lows are blocked. You end up with a tinny, quiet pickup.

Off the top of my head I reckon $80-100 to rewind it would be in the right ballpark.