JR Guitars in Napier

If you're an instrument repairer, or you know of one you recommend then please let everyone know about them.
Tim1
Gold Member

JR Guitars in Napier

Post by Tim1 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:18 pm

James is a first class instrument repairer, as well as being a fine guitarist and music lover himself. He has worked on several of my vintage basses and I cannot fault his work. He knows his stuff, has considerable experience and his prices are very reasonable. He did a wonderful sunburst refin on a '69 jazz bass for me - absolutely first rate and period correct. More recently I have just collected my '68 Jazz from him after a full refret and new nut job. This bass now plays better than ever before and really sings. It can be a challenge doing a refret on a bound neck and James pulled the old frets without a mark and inserted the new (and period correct size ones) expertly.
We are lucky to have him in Hawkes Bay and, having seen his work on acoustics as well, I can recommend him unreservedly. His finishes are superb, as are his custom built guitars. Guys like this need to be encouraged to stay in the provinces.
http://jrguitars.co.nz/

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.
Butt Scratch (Bus Crash) originals band.

Re: JR Guitars in Napier

Post by pins » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:29 am

+1 :D
JR has also done all of my Bass guitar repairs and set ups to a very high standard.
He turned my Fender acoustic bass from an unplayable,horrible sounding wall hanger into a Bass I now play everyday and that was done many years ago now.
He also is our bands preferred sound mixer when we require one and does an awesome job in this area as well.A man of many talents and a good friend too.