Bass Synth BOSS vs. Digitech

Effects pedals or devices to alter the sound of your bass
Bronze Member

Bass Synth BOSS vs. Digitech

Post by ZK-TUI » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:23 pm

What are peoples opinions on the:

BOSS SYB-5 and the DIGITECH Bass Synth Wah

I tried the Digitech in the RS yesterday. Loved it but I'm skeptical at having another envelope filter (cause one is available on that pedal) as I already have a Q-tron.
The Boss appears to be really successful and has sold out nationwide... It looks to me like it has more available options on it as well for playing with.

So what are others current opinions on these.

Btw, if I'm not going for any sound really cause I'm trying out new things (rather than just following what everybody else would do),
Although in saying that I am thinking along the lines of Muse if I had to pick someone.

Bronze Member

Re: Bass Synth BOSS vs. Digitech

Post by Fyrbyrd » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:18 pm

I've got the Syb-5, and the expression pedal, which is essential to get the best from this pedal. Now, I really like the Muse sound, and can get this from the Prunes and Custard pedal or the EHX microsynth. Haven't been able to get the muse thing from this SYB-5 though. It does give good Rammstein synth like filter sweeps.
Ovearall, its not particularly versatile, has big tracking problems, can't tweak it on the fly at gigs, so would not recommend it as a main synth pedal. However, it does produce some amazing sounds with the expression pedal.