Prog/metal/punk bassist available

Bass Players looking for opportunities
zero
Silver Member

Prog/metal/punk bassist available

Post by zero » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:51 am

21yo experienced bassist with all the goods: station wagon, full time job, experience, reliability and equipment (though currently tossing up between Mesa and Gallien-Krueger heads).

Looking for originals bands who like to add a sprinkle of prog to their metal. Influenced by Justin Chancellor, Chi Cheng, Mike Starr, Colin Greenwood, Roger Waters/David Gilmour and even guys like Stuart Zender (Jamiroquai). Also heavily influenced by reggae and funk.

Other stuff I really enjoy is punk/hardcore from The Mint Chicks to Thrice, and I'd be happy playing stuff in that sort of vicinity too.

I've played around 100 gigs as a guitarist for a reggae band, and at least forty or so in various others as a bassist. Styles have ranged from heavy metal and grunge to punk to pop rock. I've been a fill-in for a large number of bands so I have learned to pick stuff up very quickly!

Currently a very busy secondary school teacher but I am a reliable, committed person who will make any band I join a priority. Currently reside in West Auckland, work on the Shore and will be moving somewhere Central, so most locations are fine by me.

My ideal band is one who gigs regularly and has a good focus, but who is also in it to have fun and not necessarily "make it" - cos usually that just leads to terrible music ^_^

Please also send through song demos so I can hear what you're like!

hayden.maskell@gmail.com or 021 181 7787