Covers/session bass available - Auckland

Bass Players looking for opportunities
zero
Silver Member

Covers/session bass available - Auckland

Post by zero » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:49 pm

My goal is to one day work as a session musician, and so I want to gain as much experience as I can. I’m looking mainly for paid covers/live stuff, preferably already established! Also happy to do recording/digital collaborative things.

I currently play bass in a progressive metal band (think Tool/Porcupine Tree), a jazz/funk/soul band (think Herbie Hancock/James Brown) and an old school punk rock band (think awesome); and I’ve also played in hardcore-ish and pop-rock bands. I’ve had recording experience on two albums, an E.P., and several singles or other bits and pieces.

My first proper band was a Tongan reggae covers band (in which I played guitar) with a repertoire of several hundred songs; and I’ve also filled in for a number of gigs with only a couple of weeks to learn the sets of songs, so I’m a fairly quick learner.

I’m definitely not a technical whiz or shreddist, but I work hard and like to think I have a good ear and sense of rhythm.

I’ve got top-notch gear, and a station wagon for transport. I’m based in West Auckland.

PM me or email on hayden . maskell @ gmail . com

Cheers!

Fenderfan
Silver Member
MySpace Page: myspace.com/snowblindnz
Bands / Groups: Snowblind

Re: Covers/session bass available - Auckland

Post by Fenderfan » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:43 am

Metal, jazz, funk, soul, punk and rock - that's deffinately a decent repertoire you got there! :D
Fender MIA Precision, Squier Jazz, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0, Ashdown ABM 1x15, 2 x DIY Jack 112 now complete!

zero
Silver Member

Re: Covers/session bass available - Auckland

Post by zero » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:39 am

I do wear several different hats...though secretly I just play everything with a slightly funky vibe :wink: